Mark Lewis Wagner
WORK HISTORY: (Edited)
• Pixar / Disney: Concept Artist, Visual Development. John Carter feature film.
• Smithsonian Institution, National Museum of National History: Designer/Illustrator/Logos
• Drawing on Earth: Founder and Creative Director of Nonprofit (Guinness World Record 2008).
• Street Paintings for Corporate Events: Target, SpaceX, Samson, Oakland Museum, Oakland Zoo, CBS Interactive, Billboard, 1800 Tequila, Genentech, PG&E, San Jose Children’s Museum
• Graphic Novel in production: “GRAFFITI WARS – When Art Saved the World.”
• Book Author: “The Art of Being a Dad” and “The Making of a World Record Chalk Drawing”
• Burning Man Artist: Satellite Photograph of Artwork.
• DaVinci Fusion: Lead Scenic Painter. Clients – CA Academy of Science, Concours d’Elegance
• UC Berkeley: Graphic Design
• 2D Digital: Photoshop, Illustrator, WordPress, Photography
• 2D Traditional: Acrylic, Oil, Mixed Media, Collage, Drawing, Life Drawing, Chalk
• 3D Digital: ZBrush
• 3D Traditional: Clay Sculpture, Found Objects
• Music: Logic
• DRAWING on EARTH: Founder and Creative Director. Connecting Art and Creativity in Youth and Communities Around the World. First project Guinness World Record for Largest Chalk Drawing. Have worked with over 30,000 kids. www.drawingonearth.org
ILLUSTRATION & GRAPHIC DESIGN
• Books & Book Covers, Graphics for Web and Print , Movie Posters, CD Art & Design, Web Site Design, Magazines, Cards & Posters
RESIDENCY & GRANTS
• iPark: 2005
• Griffis Art Center: 1991-2
• NEA Grant: Computer Art, NYU, 1983
Showing in Galleries since 1983
• Society of Illustrators, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art Rental Gallery, Hewlett Packard , British Motors, California Institute of Integral Studies, Grace Cathedral, Shidoni Foundry, Kaiser Hospital, Silicon Valley Institute for Art and Technology, San Francisco Mission Cultural Center.
• Chabot College: Painting, Drawing, Photoshop, Color, 2D Foundations
• Menlo College: Painting & Collage, Desktop Publishing
• JFK University: Graduate School. Set up Digital Media Center
• Franklin Elementary: Artist-in-Residence. Created a pilot Arts program
• Expressions Center for New Media: Created a Creativity and Photoshop class
• San Francisco State University: Principles of Graphic Design – Web Intensive
• Cogswell College: Digital Art School. Created Core Curriculum Class: Artistic Creativity
• CA State Prisons: Created pilot Computer Graphics Program, Painting and Drawing
• JFK University – M.A. Arts and Consciousness. Alumni of the Year 1995
• Pratt Institute – B.F.A. Art and Design
• Kutztown State University – Fine Art
• Stanford University: Seeing into the Life of Things
• LASER Art and Science Series – Street Painting: Creating Community Through Impermanent Art. University of San Francisco, UC Berkeley, Standford
FILM & TELEVISION
• JOHN CARTER: Disney/Pixar. Concept Artist for Feature Film
• TERMINATOR 3: Concept Artist for Feature Film
• DREAMKEEPER: Concept Artist, Character Design, Storyboard Artist. TV Mini Series
• TAKING THE WHEEL: Production Designer, Movie Poster. Starring John Cleese
• THE BOOK OF STARS: Book Maker, Opening Titles, Digital Matte Painter, Movie Poster
• SMALL TOWN ~ BIG VISION: Producer. Documentary Film – Guinness World Record
• THE FACE: Art Director, Mask Maker, Set Dresser, Movie Poster. 30 minute Award Winning Family Film. Directed by Iain McCaig. Special Effects at ILM. Filmed at my home.
• SINGULARITY IS NEAR: Concept Artist for Ray Kurtweil’s Film
• VELVET ABSTRACT: Concept Artist, Scene Shots
• THE BOOK OF SECRETS: Script and Story Consultant
• ANDA: Creativity Consultant, Story Development for Feature Film
• MAGIC TIME: Concept Artist, Production Designer, Art Director
• RUNELORDS: Concept Artist for Feature Film
• UBUBU: Creative Manager: Directed team, created technical design guidelines, created art assets, hired artists, and managed outside contractors. Patrick Stewart spokesperson.
• Daymare: Lead Artist – Assistant Art Director. Neil Stephenson writer. Unpublished.