• Create 2-4 designs (vertical, horizontal) using a 9-12 different FRONTS on each piece.
• File size should be 1200 x 1800 or 1800 x 1200 pixels.
• Create new layer and add color – SELECT ALL, Edit/Fill/Foreground – or use PAINTBUCKET TOOL
Remember to NOT work on the background.
• Use the gradient tool (G) to fill in layer, adjust with opacity for desired effect.
• Select TEXT tool (T), select font, size, color.
• After selecting a FONT, type in the NAME of the font into design. This will help you see and remember different fonts. Click on TEXT LAYER to set text.
• Explore Vertical and Warp Type.
• Explore Styles (Menu/Window/Styles))
• Create new layer below TEXT LAYER, create interesting designs to compliment fonts.
• Name files: class02_last name_font01 : as both PSD for yourself and JPG for class.
• Only “jpg” will be excepted at the end of the term for homework.
• Have fun, explore, get to know Photoshop.